Turkish cuisine is famous for its rich and varied flavors. One of these delicacies is a dish called karnıyarık. Karnıyarık is one of the types of stuffing that is an important part of Turkish cuisine and is prepared with fresh vegetables, especially in summer. In this article, I'm going to explain the shrimp recipe step-by-step and provide you with the ingredients and methods to make this delicious dish.
- 4 eggplants
- 300 grams of ground beef (preferably ground beef or lamb)
- 2 large onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teacup of oil
- Salt, pepper, paprika (according to taste and preference)
- Parsley (for serving)
- First, make longitudinal scratches on the eggplants with the help of a variegated peeler. Then soak in salt water for half an hour. This process takes the bitterness out of the eggplants and makes them easier to cook.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onions and crush the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the chopped onions and fry them. When the onions turn transparent, add the garlic and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add the minced meat and fry the minced meat until it releases its juice. When the ground beef is drained, add salt, black pepper and optionally chili flakes. Mix the spices and cook the minced meat thoroughly.
- Grate the tomatoes and add to the roasted ground beef. Then add the tomato paste and mix. Cook on low heat for about 10-15 minutes until the tomatoes are well cooked.
- Remove the eggplants from the brine and pat dry with a paper towel. Then, carve out the inner parts of the eggplants with the help of a spoon. Put the carved aubergines in salt water, so that you prevent them from blackening.
- Add oil to a frying pan or a large saucepan and fry the eggplants side to side.
- Place the fried eggplants on a plate and gently press with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Carefully fill the prepared mincemeat into the inner part of the fried aubergines. Place a slice of tomato on top of the eggplants.
- After filling all the eggplants, add oil to the pot or pan and arrange the eggplants. Make sure to place them evenly by pressing lightly on the eggplants.
- Close the lid of the pot or pan and wait for about 20-25 minutes on low heat for the eggplants to cook thoroughly. Make sure the eggplants are soft and absorb the flavor of the stuffing.
- Serve the roast beef hot. You can sprinkle freshly chopped parsley on it. Karnıyarık, which is usually served with rice or yogurt, is one of the most popular dishes of Turkish cuisine.
Now you know the intricacies and tricks of making rump. Thanks to this recipe, you can easily make kabobs at home and entertain your guests with a delicious Turkish meal. Enjoy your meal!