Best Trekking Routes for Nature Lovers in Turkey; Turkey is a country famous for its magnificent natural beauty and offers many wonderful trekking routes for nature lovers. Turkey promises a unique nature experience for those who want to explore mountains, forests, lakes and ancient cities. In this travel article, we will cover some of the best trekking routes in Turkey that nature lovers may want to visit.
First, let's talk about famous routes such as the Lycian Way. Following the magnificent view of the Mediterranean coast, this 540-kilometer route passes between ancient cities, mountains, forests and beaches. Nature lovers can have an unforgettable experience by following this route.
In addition, the Cappadocia Trek, which takes place in the region of Cappadocia famous for its fairy chimneys, is also worth seeing. Starting from Göreme Valley and exploring Uçhisar, Ortahisar and other historical regions, this route offers the opportunity to walk in a mystical environment.
There are many impressive trekking routes in other parts of Turkey as well. In this article, we'll cover more routes that nature lovers can get inspired to explore. These routes offer great options for anyone who wants to explore Turkey's natural beauties and experience an unforgettable nature adventure.
Here are some of the best trekking routes in Turkey that one might want to explore:
- Lycian Way: Lycian Way, one of Turkey's most famous trekking routes, follows the unique coastline of the Mediterranean. It offers an unforgettable experience by passing through ancient cities, mountains, forests and beaches along its 540-kilometer route.
- Cappadocia Trek: If you want to explore the famous landscapes of Cappadocia on foot, Cappadocia Trek offers you this opportunity. You can discover the fascinating nature of Cappadocia, starting from Göreme Valley and passing through Uçhisar, Ortahisar and many other historical regions.
- Kackar Mountains: Located in the Eastern Black Sea Region, Kaçkar Mountains host some of Turkey's most challenging trekking routes. Filled with high peaks, glacial lakes and deep valleys, this region offers an amazing adventure for experienced mountaineers.
- Aladağlar National Park: Aladağlar National Park, located in the Southeast Taurus Mountains, is one of the most popular trekking routes in Turkey. The area is famous for its high mountain peaks, waterfalls and crystal clear lakes. You can choose this route to explore places such as Arpalık Valley, Emli Valley and Kapuzbaşı Waterfall.
- Sultan Mountains: Sultan Mountains, located in Burdur and Isparta provinces, are known for their rich vegetation and diverse natural life. This region, with lush forests, alpine meadows and lakes, offers a wonderful trekking experience for nature lovers.
- Kaz Mountains: Located in the North Aegean Region, Kaz Mountains is one of the indispensable routes of nature lovers. This mountainous area, covered with olive groves, pine forests and waterfalls, dazzles with its unique views. You can visit places such as Aynalı Lake, Hasanboğuldu Waterfall and Zeus Altar.
- Yedigoller National Park: Yedigöller National Park, located in the Göynük district of Bolu, is a unique natural wonder consisting of seven lakes. There are many trekking routes you can do in this park. Walks around forested areas, lush meadows and lakes allow you to be alone with nature in a peaceful environment.
- Munzur Valley National Park: Munzur Valley National Park, located in Tunceli province, is famous for its magnificent mountain views and natural life. In this park, you can explore the trekking routes along the Munzur River. Rich vegetation, waterfalls and mountain villages offer you a unique nature experience.
- Ihlara Valley: Extending from Nevşehir to Aksaray, İhlara Valley is a valley stretching between steep cliffs. This valley draws attention with its historical churches, ancient settlements and natural beauties. Thanks to the trekking routes in the valley, you can discover historical and natural riches.
- Eğirdir Mountains: Egirdir Mountains, located in Isparta's Eğirdir district, are an excellent option for trekking lovers. This region is full of rich vegetation, alpine meadows and mountain lakes. Among the hiking routes, you can consider visiting the path surrounding Eğirdir Lake, Sipahiler Plateau and Kovada Lake National Park.
- Mount Ararat (Mount Ararat): Mount Ararat, located in the Eastern Anatolia Region, hosts the highest peak in Turkey. Offering a challenging adventure for mountaineers and trekkers, this mountain is the perfect option for thrill seekers. Climbing routes to Mount Ararat include points such as İshak Pasha Palace, Doğubayazıt and Camp III.
These are a few more routes to explore for nature lovers in Turkey. Each route offers different landscapes, vegetation and difficulty levels. It is important to consider your own experience level, physical condition and weather conditions when choosing trekking routes. Also, don't forget to travel in an environmentally friendly way by following the rules of nature protection.
Turkey is a country full of natural beauties. You can have an unforgettable nature experience by exploring these routes. I wish you pleasant and safe travels!